Sunday, February 5, 2012

This Idea That I Had...

So I had this idea (never a good thing) about books, which is surprising, as this is a blog about books and I'm therefore not supposed to use it for writing about books, but I had an idea while doing my science homework (just finished, thankfully) about books.

I also just looked back at the last paragraph and realized that it could have been said like this: "I had an idea about books." But that would have been boring.

So the idea is that once an author finished writing a book that he/she liked and everyone liked liked, he/she would go through it and identify points of dramatic and important plot changes and decisions. Then he/she would decide them some other way, and rewrite the book. For example, in a book, you have:
Point of Interest (PoI) A, PoI b, PoI c, etc. Then PoI A would change, making PoI B and so on different, and the resulting book would be called "Book XYZ* (real title) PoI A, Choice 2" because it is still the same book (Book XYZ) but with PoI A altered to Choice 2, because the original would be choice 1. But eventually, you would have PoIs within these choices, so it would be something immensely complicated, something like "Book XYZ, PoI A, Choice 2, PoI A.a, Choice 5, etc." And all the titles would be in little tiny lettering so that it would all fit on a book cover.

Maybe it needs a little bit of refining. But so do all brilliant ideas. But maybe...

Maybe some author came up with this when the constitution was being written, and the constitutional people kept getting notes from this guy saying things like "The Constitution, PoI A, Choice 3, Certain Death to America." If I was writing the constitution:
A. I would ignore these crazy letters, because unless I had thought of it, which I might have, they would make no sense.
B: I would invent computers and abolish itchy wig things that look stupid and occasionally mutate into evil beasts.
But I'm not writing the constitution, which is probably a good thing.

This post has got out of hand, hasn't it? It's like like those wigs, mutating into ravenous beasts of random writing and thought.



*After I had posted this, I looked up Book XYZ, and there is an xyz book store, and a book called the ABC's of XYZ. So what do ya know, it is a real title!

No comments: