Sunday, April 29, 2012

Science Fair

Science Fair by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson


No, I'm not desperate for help with my science fair project that will count for 40% of my science grade, I'll freak out about that this summer. Ideas appreciated.

This is a book that combines the wonderful story telling skills of Ridley Pearson, who wrote another book that was awesome but I can't quite remember what, and the funny touch of Dave Barry, who writes funny things. This book is about a school. In this school is a lot of people, but in specific three of them. And a frog. And with this frog will be involved in a science fair experiment. And within this science fair (grand prize: $5,000) there is a chance that the U.S. government will collapse. And there is a Robot Owl of Death. But not in the science fair experiment. Or the government. And the book is funny. And you will read it, or be hunted down by the Robot Laser Owl of Death. Oh, and one final thing:


Beware the might of Krpsht.


I would just like to say that the spelling suggestions for the word Krpsht are Sharpshoot, Grapeshot, and Krypton.

Makes me wonder, does the word grapeshot mean grapes that are hot, a single grape that has been shot, or a pairing of the rare grapesh and an ot (abbreviation for otter).

1 comment:

Momma said...

Krpsht suggests "crapshoot" to me, which is derived from a gambling game, and means "chance". For example, life is a crapshoot--you never know what you are going to get.